Friday, February 19, 2010

Eclectic Post

Just a variety of thoughts to journal...

I'm over at B&N pursuing books as they have a special right now.. spend at least 10.00 (on certain items) and get free shipping. So, somehow I end up reading a chapter from a book I remember from my childhood "Betsy, Tacy and Tib" by Maud Hart Lovelace.

I about fell over laughing at one of the sentences.."And Tacy's Mother had ten children, besides Tacy, so of course there wasn't much for Tacy to do." (this was in regards to housework) Um.. excuse me?? Not much housework with 10 kids??? I find it difficult to keep up with only 2 kids. Maybe it's different with lots of them, I don't know, but I found that statement amusing, amazing, and totally unreal.

~~~~
A not so funny thing happened this week. Went back to the oncologist for a checkup and she found a place that needed a biopsy. OUCH. Not so fun to have a slice (even though very small) taken out of your sitting down parts. I got through it with some lidocaine (or it's equivalent) and some hand-holding by the resident working with her. Now I just feel like I'm sitting on a sandspur or a small pinecone. One week or so till I hear results. She doesn't think it's anything serious, but did the biopsy just to be sure.

~~~~

Back to funny again....

This morning as my dh was leaving for work, he kissed me, said he loved me (awww). I asked with a smile in my voice, when he was going to show me how much he loved me. He said perhaps tonight, with a wink. I reminded him that he would need to "prime the pump" .. ya know women take longer to get ready in all things, not just getting dressed... And my smart-aleck, unbearably cheerful in the mornings, nerdy, geeky husband bent over and kissed my cheek a few times and whispered in my ear "3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19"

(For those who aren't math inclined.. those are examples of prime numbers.)

What a smart ass. And I have a son just like that.. only he's not a morning person.
I had to laugh.

Nerds make really good husbands btw..

No comments: