Friday, February 15, 2008

Sick Doggie

I was just about to go to bed at 2am this morning.. when my little dog walked into the kitchen.. lost her balance on her back legs, regained, walked a little further then fell down and had a seizure. Not a bad one, but was incontinent of bowel and bladder. Poor thing. So I stayed up with her a little, gave her the antiseizure and her heart meds a little early.. and was about to go to bed at 3, when she had a grand mal seizure. 3 limbs thrashing and a 4th drawn up tight against her belly. She was also showing her teeth, making chewing motions and eyes wild looking. when the seizure was over, she had foam on her lips.

This was her 3rd seizure in less than 24 hours (she had a mild one at noon yesterday). She's also got some abdominal distention and has not had a good appetite since Tuesday. Right now she's walking around and walking into things that are below her line of sight... like walking right into her dish and the cats dish. that's not normal for her at all. I'm going to call the vet when they open and see if they can pretty please see her today. Heck, if they can't give me an appointment, I'll just go up there and sit and let them work us in. I think she's too sick to make it through the weekend without some help.

I'm so afraid that the vet is going to want to put her down. I'm not ready for that. She's been with us since about '91 or '92, I'm not sure if dd was in kindergarten or first grade.. but it's been quite a while.

I guess in a little while I'll take a shower and give the dog a bath at the same time, so at least she'll smell pretty for the vet. If so inclined, pray that they will have other remedies than putting her down. I don't know if I can do that without the kids here to tell her goodbye.

No comments: