Thursday, May 22, 2008

Crockpot Pizza

I saw this described in an email the other day, the cook said they just layered pizza ingredients and pasta and let it cook for several hours. I was intrigued, so gave it a try and it was delicious.

Here's my version:

2 cups of ground beef browned and drained.
1 onion, chopped and cooked with the ground beef.
2/3 box of Penne Pasta cooked and drained. (we use dreamfield's pasta .. low carb pasta)
80z (or more.. more would be better.. 8oz wasn't quite enough for our taste) of grated Mozzarella cheese.
1 small can sliced black olives, drained
1 small can sliced mushrooms, drained
Pepperoni (to taste)
2 jars Pizza sauce ( we used the Kroger store brand and they came in smallish jars, about 8 or 10 oz.. adjust to what is available in your area).

Layer in the order given

OR.. if you to be fancier, you could divide the ingredients in two or three and make lots of layers.. but I went the easy route.

Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.

I didn't get started till late, so I put it on high for an hour then put it on low for 2 hours and then back on high just before we ate.

Serve with a green salad and bread (unless you are low carbing)

I want to try it again, but start early in the am and don't cook the pasta before hand. I think it will cook in the crockpot if given enough time. I know lasagna can be fixed with uncooked pasta.. so I think this would work too.

ENJOY!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I made this again using elbow pasta and spaghetti sauce.

It was OK, but not as good. Stick to the Penne pasta and pizza sauce.