Thursday, July 14, 2005

Amigurumi-lust, Blogger frustration

Ok. I think I know what's going wrong. I've been trying just to copy & paste from an email into blogger and evidentally the two don't get along. Sheesh.. try to take a shortcut and end up going miles and miles out of the way.

Anyhow, back to Amigurumi. For those who don't know (like me a week or two ago) Amigurumi seems to refer to single crochet in the round, and specifically to the making of small toy animals with this technique. I don't speak or read japanese, so I'm going from what I've seen on pattern book covers and reading in the crochetville forum.

They're very similar to occidental patterns, but the japanese style seems to be somewhat rounder, and the eye placement seems to be almost parallel with the creatures nose, instead of above.

Want to join in the fun? Check out this blog.

If this post works, I'll add some links to patterns. Cross fingers that this will go.

Yippee.. it worked. so here's some pattern links. Not all are japanese, but are still cute and could be made to look oriental with very little effort.

Bunny

da tame Bunny (I think) different link.

flamingo

PocketAnimals

Bee

Marsupial

Dragon

Panda

Monkey

Baby Harp Seal (ugh.. pdf file. I hate pdfs.. espescially when I'm using dialup. )

No comments: