Sunday, April 23, 2006

Exclusivity Sucks

A while back (2 weeks or so) I applied to join another crochet group. It wasn't an open invitation group like Crochet Partners or Crochetville or the long-mourned Crochet Community at LiveJournal, but you had to tell the owner something about yourself.

I was rejected. Not sure why, the owner didn't tell me. I suspect it was because I was honest and didn't hide my membership in other groups. Or maybe it was just because they don't know me. I really don't know.

I was very polite in responding to the rejection letter. I said something like "Ok, thanks, perhaps another time" (I don't remember the exact wordage). I also think I was polite in my application letter. It would be really stupid to be rude in a letter applying to a group. LOL

Anyhow, two weeks later, I'm still trying to figure out why being rejected bothers me. I KNOW not everyone is going to like everyone.. grief, being different is what keeps the world interesting. Uniformity is dreadful. Do I want the people at the other community to see this post? Maybe. Honestly, I'm not sure. I don't want to be sour grapes, but maybe the invitation only community wouldn't be a good fit for me anyways. But I won't ever know.

No comments: