Friday, January 23, 2009

Recipe time again

Today I'm blogging a recipe my sister gave me ...oh.. maybe 35 years ago? I couldn't find it lately and had to call her to get it.

Why not look it up on the 'net? I tried, but the all the internet versions I checked (there are 1,000's) where long and involved.. my sisters version is easy.

I thought I'd post it here to avoid losing it again.

Schnitz and Knepp (Ham, Apples & Dumplings)

1 Ham Steak, cut into 1" cubes (probably 12 to 16 oz)
2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin
12 oz Apple Juice
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
Dumplings (use 1 cup bisquick to 1/2 c milk)

Brown ham, remove from pan. Add apples & juice, simmer covered 5 minutes. While they are simmering, make up dumplings. Return ham to pan, drop dumpling mix by spoonfuls over ham, sprinkle with brown sugar. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.

Serve and enjoy.

And that concludes todays post.

No comments: